- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry jam or apricot
- ¼ cup walnuts ground
- ¼ cup pecans ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins finely chopped , optional
- Combine butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt with a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add sugar.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour just until combined.
- Divide dough in half and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove one half of the dough from the fridge and roll into a 10″ circle.
- Spread the dough with the preserves and sprinkle ½ of the filling over top.
- Cut the circle into 12 even wedges. Starting at the wide edge, roll each wedge crescent roll style.
- Whisk together egg and cream. Brush over each cookie and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Place on a prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough and chill 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake cookies 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
American Family Farming Since 1904