Emma made some delicious Chocolate Walnut Truffles using only five ingredients. These truffles were made as a Valentine’s Day treat, but they can be enjoyed any day of the year!
Makes approx. 24 Truffles
8oz Chopped Walnuts
2oz Unsalted Butter
2Cups Chocolate 70% Cocoa
3 Cups Caramel
2oz Chopped Dried Fruit – Optional (We used Dates, but you can use Cranberries, Raisins etc.)
1. Coarsely chop walnuts
2. Melt chocolate & butter over double boiler. Let it cool down a bit before adding Dulce de Leche (or caramel) in it. Mix well.
3. Throw in dried fruit⅔of coarsely chopped walnuts & combine well.
4. Place the mix in the fridge for 15 minutes or until it has hardened a bit.
5. Using your hands form a bite-size ball. Coat it with coarsely chopped walnuts and place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat until you have used all the truffle mix.
6. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Transfer the truffles in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge before serving.